Motion Graphics and Compositing Project 1


27/08/20- 24/09/20(Week 1- Week 05)
Mohamed Zain Riyaz ( 0334031)
Motion Graphics and Compositing
Project 1


INSTRUCTIONS



Project 1

Week 3 | 10 Sept 2020

For our first Project 1, we were given a template with 4 motion graphics already composed. Each of the compositions represented a different principle of design. The given principle was Movement, Hierarchy, Balance, and Direction. We were to then create similar compositions for Symmetry, Focus, Scale, and Rhythm. 

I first started to work on the composition for Symmetry.

Fig 1.1 Symmetry progress


I first started by creating a symmetrical wave of Hexagons scaling up using the radio wave effect. In order to make the composition more interesting, I added two more hexagons with a white stroke.

Fig 1.2 Symmetry progress

I duplicated the Hexagons and added a black fill to it. This was then masked on top of the white hexagon stroke to create a symmetrical star pattern. The scale animation of the hexagon with black fill was then offset to create the final effect.

I then moved onto making the composition for Focus.

Fig 1.3 Focus Progress

For this, I made a square and place it in the center with simple scale animation. Around it, I made a small rectangle and added a repeater to create a flicker type look. These would be animated to draw focus onto the main square.

Fig 1.4 Focus Progress

I then masked an animated circle onto the square and added a rotation to the entire composition to create a camera zoom kind of look.

I then moved onto making the composition for Scale.

Fig 1.5 Scale Progress

For this, I made simply made 3 circles and animated them with scale. In order to make it cohesive, I changed the anchor point and animated the position so that they would be joined together throughout the composition. 

I then moved onto making the composition for Rhythm.

Fig 1.6 Rhythm Progress

I first made a circle and offset the stroke. This was then animated to rotate around the center. 

Fig 1.7 Rhythm Progress

The circle was then duplicated and the animation was offset to create the rhythm composition.

Here is the final composition for each principle.



Week 4 | 17 Sept 2020

 The next part of the project was to compose the different principles into one animation. Here is the composition.



Week 5 | 24 Sept 2020

We were given feedback on the work and for the final submission was asked to add music to the composition. I had to change some the timing of the timing to make it better fit the music.

Here is the Final composition with music

















Comments

Popular Posts