Motion Graphics and Compositing Project 3

22/10/20- 03/11/20(Week 09- Week 11)
Mohamed Zain Riyaz ( 0334031)
Motion Graphics and Compositing
Project 3


INSTRUCTIONS



Project 3

Week 9 | 22 Oct 2020

Project 3 was to create a Channel Identity. I chose to continue working on and extending the channel bumper for this project.


Week 10 | 29 Oct 2020

I started working on the channel bumper this week. I started off by animating the bottle spin.

Fig 1.1 Animating Bottle spin

By looping a position movement on the water drop logo and the curve lines I created the illusion of the bottle rotating. The bottle will be emerging from water so I had to create a ripple to show this.

Fig 1.2 Ripple animation

I animated a circle to scale like a ripple and then added a roughen edges effect to give it a water ripple effect. Using the fractal influence rate I was able to make the cirlce break up as it expanded making the ripple more realistic. This layer was then duplicated to create multiple ripples. After the ripple was animated I then masked out a part of the ripple so that bottle appeared from inside it.  I then combined added the channel bumper to the end of this section to make the video. 

Here is the first draft for the Channel Identity.



Week 11 | 22 Oct 2020

Mr. Fauzi told me that the grey background in the animation could be improved and to see whether there are areas to be improved on. 

With this feedback, I decided to remove the background and keep the whole video background white. I now had to come up with a new way to transition between the two scenes. In order to make the whole piece more cohesive, I decided to color some of the frames in the shoe rotation. 

Fig 1.3 Coloring of the shoes

After I had colored the shoes I needed a connecting transition between scenes 1 and 2. 

Fig 1.4 Masking the bottle

I first masked the bottle to disappear slowly. This would be transforming into streams of lines.

Fig 1.5 Lines animated

Fig 1.6 Lines animated

The lines have a color gradient animation so that it can merge with the shoes in the next scenes. This transition will have the same wave-like masking. 

Fig 1.7 Zoom effect

In order to make the video more dynamic, I wanted to add a zoom camera motion as the particle eroded from the shoes. To achieve this effect I animated a null object and parented a camera to move and follow the starting point of the erosion. 

Fig 1.8  Masking Adidas video

For the ending of the video, I found a video on the Adidas assets website. I masked out the unnecessary portions of the clip and added it to the end of the video.

Fig 1.9 Animating logo

For the last bit, I started to animate the Adidas logo. I first added a stroke and an animated start and endpoints. This was duplicated and offset to make it interesting. 

Fig 1.10 Animated logo

I then made a duplicated layer of the logo on top of which I added a black fill and a radial wipe animation. The final touch was to add the scale animation. 

Fig 1.11 Audio

The audio was made using clipping from the Futurecraft video. I also added some sound effects to add to some of the effects in the video.

Here is the Final Chanel Identity
















































Comments

Popular Posts