Advanced Animation Project 1

5/10/20- 26/10/20 (Week 7- Week 10 )
Mohamed Zain Riyaz ( 0334031)
Advanced Animation
Project 1


INSTRUCTIONS




Week 7

We had to pick a dialogue from a movie or series that we like to be used for about animation. I wanted to make sure my dialogue had a lot of different variations of emotions so that my animation would look dynamic. I researched a lot of different dialogues from various movies and series and picked this scene.


I chose this clip as I saw different emotions throughout and there was also a hint of comedy embedded in the scene. After I got the approval from Mr Kannan I decided to look for a rig that I liked so I can decide what kind of story I could tell using the dialogue.

Fig 1.1 Twigs character rig

I finalized on the twigs character. he was a cowboy And I could picture a cowboy variation of dialogue I could do with the character. I was also really interested in the availability of ductions of the rig. With the idea in mind, the next step was to record the actions of the animations.

 Week 8

This week I recorded myself acting out the animation that I had in mind before I did the animation. here is the recording.


After I finished the recording I created a simple animatic for better reference of the scene. 


 Week 9 - Week 10

 Here is the first draft of the animation that I created. I didn't add any background elements or cameras as just wanted to get the positions and basic movements synced with the dialogue. I added the door as this was the only element in the scene that the character interacts with. 



While animating I ran into a problem with the rig. this really slowed down my animation process. 


Mr. Kannan helped me with the animation and send me a fixed Maya file. After fixing the problem I was able to move on and finish the rest of the animation.















Comments

Popular Posts