Advanced Animation Final Project

16/11/20- 23/12/20 (Week 13- Week 14 )
Mohamed Zain Riyaz ( 0334031)
Advanced Animation
Final Project


INSTRUCTIONS




Week 13

I spent a lot of time trying to fix the problem with my rig this week. So Once I finished that started to add an establishing shot animation. I made a walk cycle and used this as for the establishing shot. Here is the process shot of the walk cycle.


After getting the basic movements I downloaded the sound of a walk and used it to time my walk cycle. Here is the Final walk animation.


After finishing the animation I added the camera angles that I would be using for the establishing shots.



Week 14 - Week 15

After the majority of the animation was completed I started collecting resources to build my set. I spent the majority of the week collecting all the 3d models that I used in the set.

Fig 1.1 Set building outside

After I finished arranging the set I add the textures for the set.

Fig 1.2 Texturing Set

Then I moved onto adding assets inside the bar. 

Fig 1.3 Bar set

Fig 1.4 Bar set full

After I finished adding all the textures and the assets then it was time to transfer the set into the animation scenes. After added the scenes and I play blasted the scenes to create the final draft.



I sent the draft to Mr. Kannan for Feedback and he suggested that the textures on the scenes could be better. he suggested adding a simple gradient overlay to make it more dynamic. With this feedback, I went back to adjust the set designs and also add the lighting and background.

Fig 1.5 New textures and Lighting in the set

Fig 1.6 Added models

Fig 1.7 Closeup of set

Fig 1.8 Welcome sign

Then I started to redo the Interior textures and arrangements.

Fig 1.9 Interior set

Fig 1.10 interior set top view

Fig 1.11 Photoshopped Wanted poster 

Fig 1.12 Closeup Barrels textures

I wanted to have very dynamic lighting inside the saloon as the majority of the animation occurs here. So I started adding the interior lighting. I added some widows to be put in front of the lights so that there cast shadows on the scene.

Fig 1.13 Window and light 

Fig 1.14 Silhouette scene

I keyframed some spotlights to light up when he walked in to emphasize the eyes when he lifted his hat.

Fig 1.15 Lighting the eyes to add dynamics

Fig 1.16 Lighting closeup

After I finished the lighting I rendered the final. Here is the final animation.

















Comments

Popular Posts