Information Design Project 1 & 2


07/01/20-21/02/2020 (Week 1-Week 7)
Riyaz Mohamed Zain ( 0334031)
Information Design
Project 1& 2

LECTURE NOTES

Presentation
21/01/20 (Week 3)

The Presentation was postponed for the following week

Presentation
28/01/20 (Week 4)

This week's Flip topic was Chunking. Chunking is a method in which the contents are divided into groups of bite-size information making it easier for the brain to understand and process the information.





4/02/20 (Week 5)
No Class ( Intercultural Design trip)

11/02/20 (Week 5)
No Class 

Presentation
18/02/20 (Week 07)

For flip 4 & 5, we were asked to explore the different infographic tools available online and try to create a poster using this tool.





INSTRUCTIONS






Project 1

Week 3

For project 1 we were to choose a recipe of our choice and make an A3 infographic poster for it. The poster should show the required ingredients and the process of making the chosen food. we were told to make use of what we learned from our flip projects to create a poster that informative and easy to understand.

First I had to choose the food I was gonna make the poster for. After some thought, I decided that I was gonna make my poster on the famous Maldivian short eat " Masroshi".

Figure 1.1 Sketch 1 
Figure 1.2 Sketch 2


Fig 1.3 Final design 
Next I started sketching out the different ideas for my poster to find the appropriate design. After finalizing the sketch it was then time to move to digitize the design.  Before moving onto this step I did some research to get some inspiration and get an idea of the color palette and art style. 


Fig 1.4 Color board and art style research
Fig 1.5 Color board and art-style research

 Above are just a few images through which I was able to get a rough idea of how I wanted my artwork to look. With this, I started the process of digitizing.

Fig 1.6 Drawing the Masroshi

Fig 1.7 Progress of creating Masroshi
Fig 1.8 Completing the Masroshi artwork

I began by drawing the main artwork for the poster. After completing the main artwork I moved onto the ingredients.

Fig 1.9 Adding Ingredient artworks.

Fig 1.10 Arranging and adding text for ingredients
After designing the ingredients I made a banner to mark out the ingredients. I used a cursive font to type out the ingredients to keep with the style of a recipe.


Fig 1.11 Designing the Process for making the filling


Fig 1.12 Designing the Process for the Dough
 With the designs for the process done, Now I had to find a way to combine show how they were combined. I decided to change the idea for this section and put a frying pan to show the cooking.


Fig 1.13 Designing the cooking section

After adding the final elements I realized it wasn't clearly showing what was happening. So I decided to refine and add more elements to make it clearer. First I added another cooking pan to show the final part of making Masroshi.

Fig 1.14 Showing the last step of cooking
After adding the last part of the step, I still had to display the joining the filling and dough. This was a very important part and was will bind the different sections of the poster together.

Fig 1.15 The combining of the filling and the dough
Fig 1.16 First attempt of the poster
After my initial attempt, I was still not satisfied with the design yet so I went on to refine it a bit more and some color the design. I added some elements that represented the Maldivian culture such as the coconut leaf and weave mat as the final touches.

Fig 1.17 Final outcome for Project 1.




Project 2

Week 7

 Once the poster was done, I started work on Project 2. For this project, I wanted to make a video instead of a GIF.

Fig 2.1 Masking Letters to create writing effect
Fig 2.2 Process of creating Intro

I started off with the intro. After typing the text I created a mask on top of to and animated it frame by frame to give a handwritten effect. After that, I animated each scene using the classic tween tool, opacity, and symbol switch tool in animate cc to create simple movements.

Fig 2.2 Process of making Ingredients
Fig 2.3 Process of chopping animation
Fig 2.4 Mixing Process 


Fig 2.5 Dough switch.
Here is the Final Video


Comments

Popular Posts